Trump Victory On Health Care And Strong Economic Data Push Stocks To New All-Time High
President Donald Trump enjoyed a major legislative victory this past week with the House of Representatives passing a bill that would repeal and replace Obamacare and, if the Senate and House can reconcile their differences over the legislation, the savings on health care spending could pave the way for a major tax cut stimulating the economy. While the high drama in Washington, D.C. dominated headlines, newly released data signaled that the economy may be stronger than expected.
On Friday morning, the government reported that the employment situation has not looked so good in a decade.
The U.S. economy created 211,000 new jobs and the official unemployment rate dipped to a 10-year low.
© 2019. All Rights Reserved.
- Why Weaker GDP Is Being Greeted With A Yawn
- 17 Midyear Tax Moves You Still Can Make In '17
- Seven Smart Money Moves You Should Make In 2017
- Avoid These 6 Mistakes In Stretch IRA Planning
- On The Hunt For Answers About The Future Of The Economy And Stocks?
- Time Your Social Security Benefits For Top Results
- How To Diversify With Investment Real Estate
- Four Tax-Wise Ways To Donate Gifts To Charity
- Don't Ignore These Seven Retirement Saving Ideas
- 5 Steps To Help Women Save More For Retirement
- Seven Ways To Slow The 'Tax Drag' On Investments
- Roth IRA Conversions: The Time May Be Right
- 5 Steps To Realize An Early Retirement Dream
- 7 Financial Steps Forward In A Second Marriage
- Weigh Five 401(k) Options When You Leave A Job