Despite The Circus In Washington, Stay Focused On Economic Fundamentals
A highlight of the economic news last week was a sharp drop in the optimism index from the National Federation of Independent Businesses.
Expectations for future business conditions plunged by eight points, in what the NFIB said was "a sign that business owners were shaken by Congress' failure at the end of March to repeal and replace Obamacare."
"Small business owners were measurably shaken when Congress failed to address one of their most important concerns," said NFIB President and CEO Juanita Duggan. "Obamacare has crushed small businesses. Small business owners expected the White House and Congress to address that problem. Their failure to do so caused volatility in the Optimism Index."
© 2019. All Rights Reserved.
- Trump Victory On Health Care And Strong Economic Data Push Stocks To New All-Time High
- Why Weaker GDP Is Being Greeted With A Yawn
- 17 Midyear Tax Moves You Still Can Make In '17
- Seven Smart Money Moves You Should Make In 2017
- Avoid These 6 Mistakes In Stretch IRA Planning
- On The Hunt For Answers About The Future Of The Economy And Stocks?
- Time Your Social Security Benefits For Top Results
- How To Diversify With Investment Real Estate
- Four Tax-Wise Ways To Donate Gifts To Charity
- Don't Ignore These Seven Retirement Saving Ideas
- 5 Steps To Help Women Save More For Retirement
- Seven Ways To Slow The 'Tax Drag' On Investments
- Roth IRA Conversions: The Time May Be Right
- 5 Steps To Realize An Early Retirement Dream
- 7 Financial Steps Forward In A Second Marriage